Thursday 24 May 2012

week 12

I have been finding it particularly hard to draw my visualisations of what I would like my form to be like for this building. I tried to develop sections in previous weeks , then I was trying to look at elevations. To fully understand my building I needed to do modelling. I started to build a simple paper model but it turned out it was actually quite complicated so to build it I had to build each level of each of the 3 buildings. Then I had to assemble it.





I started playing around with the configuration of the buildings and decided to 'twist' the top level so as to create interesting gaps that could be used to circulation space and green space. Here is a picture of the final rough model.


























The hard part is trying to incorporate stairs into the design and to make it flow. Ill have to develop the interior layout and also see whether the tutor thinks there should be more of a flow between forms in the building. Its difficult because I want the forms to be different because of my concept which is about age groups and different spatial qualities for the age groups but Im not sure if its too disconnected.

No comments:

Post a Comment