Wednesday 16 May 2012

week 10 - 11

Feedback from Project 2:
  • Need to show more architectural feeling, via shadows, lighting, diagrams.
  • sections should show more than elevations
  • Form should indicate concept more.
  • Form should be 'dramatic'
To extend upon my previous ideas for the learning centre,  I am looking at how to separate the three buildings in form.
I thought it would be interesting to look at destruction of the form. So that the youngest age is to be the most complex and destructed form and the eldest age group would be the most simple and together form. I think this kind of form can create interesting nooks and crannies for children to play and hide in. This is continued on from my research into what children need to have in their learning environment and also different types of learning activities. 
To try and develop my form I thinking of experimenting with different base shapes that are turned into smaller more complicated shapes. I still want to have 3 buildings for 3 different age groups because I think this is most effective for my building. This way I can come up with 3 different forms that are indicative of the interior happenings and will be enticing to the key demographic suggested for the building. 











No comments:

Post a Comment