Wednesday 16 May 2012

week 11

This week i'm still trying to form my building shape. I haven't had much time to do this though as I have been trying to do other subjects. What I have some up with though is some examples of sections that i would like in the final design. When I spoke to my tutor he suggested the idea of pulling and pushing out the structure to form more interesting form. This will help create interesting lighting and let the rooms have architectural quality that the tutor wants.
I will still keep the curved shape. I will still keep the centrality of the building. This links it to the original folie through the concept of centralised view and separate areas for age groups. Also im keeping the levels of activity as the base - video/audio, ground level - social and upper level - library/reading.
The following is some sketches of rough sections and scaling. My tutor suggested something along the lines of the nest image and a possible layout of my buildings.










No comments:

Post a Comment